These things I do

7.09.2011

The last few days, I've been working on my baby shower invitations. I finally went down and bought some cardstock, blue ribbon that reads "It's a boy!", and a hole punch, and I fancied up a cute little homemade invitation that I'm pretty proud of. I ran out of ribbon today and have to go buy more tomorrow to finish up, but I'll have to take pictures and upload them afterward. Because they're cute and I totally deserve to show them off.

A scan of the ribbon (used for color matching).

I have a post  with the story behind Baby Boy's name all typed up for you guys, but I'm thinking I'm going to leave it for Thursday's "Come October". I know, the anticipation, right? But it'll come soon enough and I'll be sitting here wracking my brain over what to post if I don't just wait. So though I'm excited to share, I think that's what's going to happen.

Oh, and I had a scare yesterday and had to go to the hospital. It ended up being nothing, thankfully, and it was kind of awesome to hear the baby on the monitor. He moves so much that we had trouble picking up a heartbeat; all we were hearing was movement, and even the nurse seemed excited by it. She kept looking away from the computer to watch my stomach, her mouth partly open as if she found it surprising, saying, "Your baby is so active!" She kept telling my sister to watch as my stomach bounced with little kicks and punches and rolls, and to feel it because she had never gotten to. It was cute.

I need to get back to business and remember to add myself to hops and visit you guys back. I know, I haven't been very good about it lately, but I'm working on it! I really hope life's treating you all well. And I hope I'm not missing out on too much, but at least catching up with your posts will give me something to do when I'm finished with all of this craziness.

I'm just hoping there's not too much crazy left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something awesome.