I am an award noob and had never heard of this one, so I'm currently catching myself up and hoping that I do this right. ;) Stealing images from Christy who has said that they aren't hers--if you know where I can link back to, please let me know!
|There it is!|
Okay, so here are my 11 facts:
- I am currently in the process of getting my associates degree. I'll be out of there in May and ready to pursue my bachelors!
- I'm living with my dad while I finish college (at least this round of it). I hope to be out on my own very soon.
- I live in a small 10 x 12 room with my son. I am dying of claustrophobia.
- I only have one baby, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me. He's named after his grandpa who died of cancer just weeks before I found out I was having a boy, and my best friend who committed suicide our senior year of high school, two very lovely men.
- I rarely go out anymore. I haven't been out with friends (besides kid-centered birthday parties) since November of last year. It was my birthday.
- I love photography but don't seem to have enough time to really get into it myself.
- I have two sisters, a half-brother, a half-sister, two stepbrothers, and two stepsisters. WHOO!
- My biggest injury ended up getting me stitches in my eyebrow when I was very young--under 5, but I can't remember the exact age. I have never broken any bones.
- I've started numerous books, but haven't finished any of them. Some that I was very proud of were lost in computer crashes, and I'll never stop being sad about it.
- I have major depression and general anxiety disorder. I have a crippling fear of embarrassing myself, and it often keeps me from talking on the phone, going out with friends, and doing other people-centered activities. It doesn't matter if it's a big group or a small amount of people. One-on-one situations are just as terrifying to me as speaking to a group.
- I write about 25 million to-do lists a day, often detailing the same things, because I can't stop thinking them over and over. It's okay to think I'm crazy now. ;)
Here are the questions!
- Who or what is your inspiration?
Mark. Always Mark. Everything I do, I do for him. He's the highlight of my life!
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
My son wakes me up in the morning, so I grab him, change his diaper, and we go to the living room to eat breakfast and play.
- How do you handle a stressful day?
I usually just try to take it slow. My days are always the same: hang out with this kid, watch TV, eat, play with toys. I don't do much ever! But I try to relax and not run around as much (I tend to be the chauffeur at my house) and just not do anything that's going to upset me in any way.
- What book do you recommend all parents read to their children?
That's a toughie. Mark doesn't seem to be taking to any book specifically, so I just read him whatever I feel like...ha! Of course, the classics like Dr. Seuss. Every kid needs that in their life.
- When the kids go to bed what do you do?
I blog, do homework, try to do as much relaxing as possible before I fall asleep. It's the only time I have that things are actually quiet!
- What is one thing about your past you wish you could change?
I absolutely wish I would have taken college more seriously before I had a baby. I didn't want to be there. I only was because my dad said I had to be...of course I realize now that he wanted me to do better than him, but in my mind I had been at school my whole life and didn't want to do it anymore. I was stubborn.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you buy?
Oh jees...a house and a car, definitely. And probably lots and lots of things for Mark. There are a million things that I need and want, but every time I go to a store I drop it all and buy him something!
- Why did you start blogging?
I started years ago with no audience just because I needed an outlet. Now it's the same, but I do it for the awesome community that comes with it. Plus I have no friends anymore. ;)
- Are you going to follow all the award nominees?
I'm definitely going to try to get over to all of them. I've been bad lately, so bad!
- What is one thing you hope your children remember about you?
That I was loving, and fun, and that I did everything for him.
- How would you define your character?
I try to be the best person I can be. I think that even if I'm not always the best friend, it's because I devote everything I can to my son. Nothing else really matters after that. If there's extra time and resources, then I'll try my best to use them on others.
Now my nominees. I couldn't find some of your follower counts, so I apologize if you're over the 200 limit! Great blogs no matter what.
- Once Upon A Time Again
- Music Teaching and Parenting
- Second Chances Girl
- Our Butterfly Haus
- Not Your Ordinary Psychic Mom
- Kid Crossing Barefoot
- A Day in the Life
- That Gives Me An Idea
- Woman Scribbles
- Dancin Moma
- Dreaming with Midnite
Lastly, my questions for you. Whoo!
- What are you doing when you're the happiest?
- Where is the one place that you're dying to go?
- What got you to start blogging?
- What does your blog name mean?
- Who is your favorite person in the world, and why?
- What's the perfect Saturday to you?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What do you want your kids (present/future) to remember about you?
- What is the best memory you have of your own parents (or whoever raised you)?
- What's something that you never get tired of?
- What's your weirdest habit?
Aaand...done. Your turn! Send me back a link and a comment so I can check yours out. :)