First Father's Day

6.18.2011

Tomorrow is Daniel's first Father's Day. At least in that way that everyone's going to say it to him even though he doesn't actually have a baby yet.

He says that he doesn't feel it, and I kind of feel like that's my fault. I'm afraid I don't spend enough time with him.

There are a lot of reasons we don't live together yet: I don't have a car, I don't have a job, and living with roommates just makes things difficult. They don't exactly understand that circumstances are different now, and that I need things to be different because of that. So while I want to be there - badly - I also want to wait until we can get a place of our own, where I can do what I need to do without having to fight for it. This is something we're hoping to work toward by the beginning of next year.

Honestly though, I'll probably just move into the apartment before then, because I really want him to be around his baby. Without having to travel all the way across town. And without having a set amount of hours that he can do so. We'll see how everything goes...I'm really torn.

Source: google.com via Taylor on Pinterest
At our last appointment, my doctor stressed the fact that I need to drink plenty of water because the number one reason he's seen for early contractions is dehydration. He assigned Daniel to be my 'water monitor'. Now Daniel keeps reminding me that he holds the title while handing me a bottle of water or texting me to remind me that I'm probably thirsty. I find it to be incredibly cute.

He's going to be a great dad. And with how happy he is about it, I'm sure he feels it more than he thinks he does.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you both enjoy his special father's day!!! All these firsts are so much fun and you will remember them always. Happy Father's day to your boyfriend! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. First father's days are great! Thanks for sharing at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's too cute. Hope you take care of yourself. Glad to connect with you on vB for the Monday Blog Hop.
    have a Great awesOme Day!!!
    Barbara
    http://spanishforkids-jbplbarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Say something awesome.