What did happen is that, thanks to Lindsay at Life As 5, I got my very first blog award ever! Right now you're thinking, "How freaking exciting!" and I just want to say, "I know, right?" Way more exciting than what you were guessing before, but nice try.
Anyway, before I get on with all of this (because I really don't even know what I'm doing...heh), why don't you click that link right there and be all, "Holy shit, Lindsay is awesome"? Because you should. She writes a mommy blog about life with her two sons, her daughter, and her husband, and if that's not enough for you, you should visit just because she uses the phrase Vicodin rainbow. And you just have to appreciate things like that. I think it's a law or something.
Aaand...now I'm supposed to say stuff about me. Oh, um...shit. As if this wasn't hard enough, I know that I have a bullet point list of facts about myself just sitting over in my About Me tab, taunting me. Don't reuse...be creative...you can do it. I don't know if I can do it, guys.
Here's my attempt:
- Every time I've gone to the fridge within the last few days, we've been out of whatever it is I was craving. Seriously. Every time. And it's always something that I swear was there the last time I looked (which was probably like ten minutes before because there's this 'get disappointed, sit back down, and then think of something new and get excited all over again' kind of cycle going on). But no, everything delicious on the whole entire planet has mysteriously disappeared, and of all times that I could have possibly had to deal with this horrible fact, I had to be pregnant. This is just not good at all.
- Sometimes I forget what I'm doing in the middle of doing it. And sometimes I try to put the ice cream away in the cupboard instead of the freezer. I usually notice before it's dead, though...usually.
- Every time I've ever started an argument in my entire life, I've felt bad like ten seconds in. It always goes something like - I start yelling, and then they start yelling, and then I'm like, "Why are you yelling at me? (Sadface.)" And then I say something along the lines of, "Let's never be mad again for the rest of our lives, okay?" and they either calm down and agree or continue to be mad and I get even sadder. Um, yeah. I don't get it, either.
- I'm really bad at accepting compliments. I'm just never sure how to respond properly. I'm like, "Uh, thank you (nervous laugh)," and they're like, "You're welcome," and then I'm all, "Thanks for saying you're welcome." And then we just avoid eye contact and pretend that the last five seconds never happened. At least I do. And I'm sure everyone who has ever complimented me is all, "You know what, screw her eyes" afterward, because they think that I'm totally unappreciative. I'm not, I swear!
- My first name was my grandpa's last name (he wasn't my real grandpa, but my grandma's second husband. My mom's real dad died when she was five). My parents were going to name me Taylor whether I was a girl or a boy, and I once changed my name to Kiwi for a couple of weeks (on the internet) because everyone automatically assumed I was a boy upon seeing my name. I have no idea why Kiwi.
- My high school Civics teacher often told me that because I "have two last names" (Taylor being a last name, as mentioned above), I am going to grow up to be a serial killer. How sweet, right? I don't think he was right, but hey, I'm sure I still have more growing up to do. I'll keep you posted.
- I'm freaked out by my own pulse. I'm not even kidding. Whenever I go to the OB they have to take my blood pressure with that little arm band. Obviously, I can feel my blood pulsing through my entire arm because it's so tight - you know what I'm talking about - and this consequently makes me so damn nervous that my heart starts beating faster and I screw up the reading. And then they're afraid that I have high blood pressure so they have to do it like twice more before the appointment's over and I leave feeling so tortured. I'm pretty sure it's the most ridiculous fear ever.
I'm not going to lie, that was hard. You don't even want to know how long it took me to come up with those seven things. Anyway, passing this on to 10 awesome bloggers!
Kathy @ My Dishwasher's Possessed
Steph @ Our Journey
Kate @ I Dream Loudly
Natalie @ Mr. & Mrs. Smith: our story so far
Janelle @ Renegade Mothering
Carmen @ Cluster Love
Andrea @ Confessions of a First Time Mommy
Babymama @ Ava Grace's Closet
Emma @ Toddler Awesome
Thanks again, Lindsay! I feel so special. I'm pretty much the coolest person in town now, probably.